Job ID: 114594082
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Manage crew and equipment, as well as making sure paperwork is complete and accurate.
- Operate and train others in use of all power equipment.
- Base gardening and pruning of small trees.
- Plant and tree identification
- Ability to diagnose problems and solve them, as well as minor irrigation system repairs.
- Must perform at budget level as well as execute proper time management.
- Manage several crews at one time.
- Ability to train and mentor new Foreperson.
- Ability to read, understand, and install off of prints/plans. Including installing holiday décor.
- Excel in maintaining customer communication, as well as communication from management to crew.
- Ability to identify insects and disease in plants.
- Participate in other projects.
- Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and the requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to wear PPE as necessary.
- Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold.
- Must be able to traverse various terrains.
- Must be able to write, read and comprehend written and verbal job instructions/information.
- Must be able to communicate with others.
- Must be able to maintain attention during dangerous tasks.
- Must be able to lift, move and maneuver up to 50 pounds on an infrequent basis, and up to 10 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Must have endurance necessary to perform these duties throughout a standard eight or ten hour day. Must be able to work long hours and overtime during emergencies (including holidays, weekends, etc. Subject to call out work).
- Must have knowledge of heavy equipment.
- Must have sufficient eyesight to judge distances and coordination to get and use the appropriate equipment and tools.
- Must be able to operate and service all required tools and equipment.
- Must have transportation to and from the show up location.
- Must be willing to travel out of state for emergency storm work.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen; if applicable.
- Must be able to pass a background check and Motor Vehicle Records Check (MVR); if applicable.
- Must have a valid driver’s license; if applicable.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Pesticide certified in categories 3A (turf), 3B & 6 (Right-of-Way) with Core
- Ability to mix herbicides/pesticides and calibrate equipment.
- Knowledge and ability to install brick pavers, walls, and work with stone
- License to drive CDL class A size trucks preferred
- Ability to coordinate and install large projects, manage sub-contractors, and carry out Foreperson meetings.
- 2-3 Years of landscape maintenance experience.
- Valid State of Michigan Chauffer’s License
- Valid State of Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) physical examination certificate.
- Clean driving record.
- Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug screening/tests throughout employment.
EDUCATION: This position requires a minimum education level of: High School Diploma. Preferred: Bachelor Degree in related field
EXPERIENCE: This position requires a minimum experience level of: 2-4 years’ experience.
COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of computers, including e-mail and word processing abilities.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities. Those who manage others are expected to have the ability to lead one or a team of individuals to achieve department goals.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment for this position is an office setting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be regularly met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Seeing, hearing, walking, standing, lifting up to 10-20 lbs. , bending, speaking, sitting, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, communicating and working.
TRAVEL: Only minor travel to the United workplace locations involved