Job ID: 168509317
1 - 3 years
McKay Nursery Company is an employee-owned (ESOP) business located in Waterloo, Wisconsin. Since 1897, McKay has been growing quality plants for wholesale and retail customers throughout Wisconsin and the Midwest. We are a full-service nursery and landscaping company providing custom innovative designs, landscape installation and maintenance. This hourly position is eligible for the annual company-wide bonus program and a fully company paid ESOP retirement program for those that qualify.
We are currently searching for individuals who are creative, energetic and love the outdoors. As a Landscape Foreman you will oversee the installation and completion of planting and hardscape projects for a variety of residential and commercial projects. Qualified individuals should possess leadership skills and be driven by efficiency and quality of craftsmanship.
- Directs crew & activities on the job site, they include but are not limited to: coordinating work flow, hands on work, and operating a variety of machinery
- Manages personnel effectively and efficiently
- Monitors all tools, equipment and machinery for needed maintenance
- Tracks and records all job expenses
- Maintains a clean and safe job site at all times
- Ensures that each crew member is trained appropriately for each designated job assignment
- Ensures that all installation work is performed in accordance with industry and company standards
- Leads by example and strives to improve job skills and develop the potential for upward mobility
- Communicates well with all crew members, supervisor and client
- Prior experience as a foreman/ supervisor
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Commercial Driver’s License or willingness to obtain
- Proficient heavy equipment operating skills including skid steer machinery with various attachments; other construction equipment as needed
- Knowledge of perennials, shrubs, evergreens, and trees: identification and cultural requirements
- Good time management skills; Willingness to work long hours as needed
- Punctual and dependable
- Bi-lingual English-Spanish is a plus
There are at least a couple of things that set us apart from the majority of the other companies out there searching for similar labor. First of all our position is not seasonal, it is full time permanent. Secondly, we are an employee-owned company with great benefits that increase the value of the compensation package tremendously.