Job ID: 205972218
If you are looking for a work environment where professionalism and respect are paramount, then make Puryear Farms the last job change you will ever make!
* Do you enjoy managing a team of professionals maintaining or installing high-end properties and beautiful landscapes?
* Are you a seasoned landscape professional who wants to take your career to the next level? Do you thrive on providing an exceptional customer service experience?
* Are you a go-getter who is motivated by goals and incentives? Do you enjoy working in the great outdoors?
If you answered yes, then your next career move is to Puryear Farms Nursery and Landscaping as Project Manager! We are expanding our team of ‘A Players’ and looking for an organized and detailed thinker, who still enjoys getting their hands dirty, to join our fun group of landscape professionals.
The Installation Project Manager works under the guidance of our seasoned operations managers to supervise the landscape & hardscape installation department and keep it on track to meet its goals.
*OBJECTIVES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The installation project manager oversees the landscape installation crew leaders and the installation of projects on a daily basis while interfacing with clients, subcontractors, sales team, and suppliers. The project manager must keep the installation department manager appraised of progress and issues that happen out in the field. The project manager is responsible for quality control and also serves as the first line of training and development in the field to help improve the skills and consistency of production employees.
SKILL SET AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Minimum three years in the green industry
· Holds, or is pursuing, a Certified Landscape Manager (CLM) industry certification
· Possess a valid driver’s license and must be insurable on the company’s policy.
· Must have limited bi-lingual skills in Spanish & English
· Proficient in both oral and written communication skills
· Good communication skills.
· Proficient in or able to learn company GPS tracking system.
· Proficient in operating company’s hand-held scheduling hardware.
· Proficient in the use of company software systems.
· Proficient in computer skills; Proficient in MS Word and also in MS Excel.
· Able to create an atmosphere of accountability and professionalism among staff.
· Able to represent the company in a courteous and professional manner.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Thoroughly understands and complies with company policies and procedures.
· Dispatch daily work orders with load lists, crew goals, and company checklists
· Continually updates install department manager, salesperson, and operations manager of field performance issues.
· Continually coordinates with crew leaders on schedule, staff, quality, and training.
· Organize morning start process and lead daily team huddle to ensure the crew's success and promote accountability
· Complete daily attendance reports for the department (Turn over to Ops. Mgr.)
· Directly manage several production crews to ensure that production standards and met and that all jobs are on schedule and on budget.
· Provide customer with a proposal for minor change orders upon request. Any significant change order request must be passed back to the salesperson responsible for the project.
· Complete first report of injury as well as property accident reports.
· Ensures all safety procedures are followed.
· Ensures all equipment and tools are maintained properly.
· Issue change order tasks are entered into the system.
· Quality control/site visits of projects in progress. Hold crew members accountable for deficiencies in product or workmanship.
· Perform final site review and punch list with crew leaders and clients.
· Interfaces with clients to resolve issues.
· Interfaces with subcontractors to ensure timely and accurate completion of work.
· Customer service issues (warranties, complaints, repairs, etc.)
· Manage punch list items
· Participates in semi-annual evaluation of production crew’s performance.
· Conduct site training visits as needed to improve production crew quality.
· Fill in for production on crews when the need arises.
· Work with the production team on snow removal operations during winter months.
· Weekend duty (Rotational)
· Closing (rotational)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
· Relaxed company culture (we work hard, but like to have fun!)
· Numerous company events with opportunities to involve your family
· The total compensation of $40,000 to $50,000 depending on experience and qualifications
· Incentive structure allowing for additional earnings after the first year
· Ten days of Paid Time off (PTO) ….available after first 90 days
· Paid holidays (total of 6) after one year
· Work cell phone included
· Simple IRA plan available after one year (3% match)
· Health insurance within 90 days
· Possess a genuine love for the outdoors and landscaping.
· High energy, self-driven individual with strong leadership & persuasion skills
· Good teacher who enjoys sharing his or her trade with others through daily training
· Loves getting their hands dirty, prefers doing tasks and leads by example.
· A highly detail oriented person driven by task accomplishment & organization
· Enjoys coaching and building a team of professionals
· Consistently behaved person with strong core values & integrity
· Requires minimal supervision and consistently delivers results, success driven.
· Spatially intelligent, can navigate the most efficient travel routes without GPS
· Problem solver, patient individual who enjoys controlling chaos
· Comfortable managing & constantly communicating with team members
· Takes enjoyment in serving and providing value to others, enjoys working with a team
· Enthusiastic, positive and passionate person
· Driven by a desire to accomplish company and personal goals
· Able to deal with uncertainty and changing working conditions on a daily basis (stress)
· Can handle criticism and accept responsibility for the actions of others
· Ability to make quick judgment decisions based on logic and research
· Able to identify the most important priorities and act accordingly on a daily basis
· Thrives under pressure, handles stressful situations in a calm and collective manner
· Strategic thinker capable of creating and implementing systems
· Ability to maintain a proficient, yet teachable attitude at all times
· Strives for improvement and enjoys working in environments of growth and change.
· Punctual and reliable person that can be counted on
As an industry leader, Puryear Farms is celebrating its 27th year in business with tremendous growth opportunities ahead of us. We have big goals and need top performers in order to reach them. Our team members are passionate, outdoor lovers, community leaders, and come from diversified backgrounds. We only hire people who share the vision of creating a great company culture and see this as their “destination company”.