Job ID: 208659401
3 - 5 years
Commercial Landscape Construction estimating. Responsible for producing accurate and timely bid estimates for landscape construction division. Primary focus on estimates for landscape construction contracts, but
also work may be on landscape, irrigation, lighting and hardscape projects. Ensure estimates are
produced in such a timely and accurate fashion that the sales department will be able to present and
win an above average percentage of the jobs it proposes. Responsible for staying abreast of
product, supply and sub-contractor prices as well as the operating production
capabilities to ensure accurate estimates. Position may negotiate pricing with vendors, subcontractors,
perform site assessments and makes decisions on how to adjust price based upon
circumstances of site or project.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Execute professional time-management ensuring that projects are completed with the projected budget and timeline.
- Coordinate & communicate with internal and external customers, vendors or personnel for preparing of accurate data on estimates.
- Support continuous improvement through internal and external partnerships built on value, commitment and integrity.
- Accurately record and meet the budgeted estimating man-hours required to generate an
estimate on all assigned jobs.
- Provide value engineering ideas that may improve the Company’s competitive position.
- Responsible for all aspects of the bidding process, including take offs
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work including scheduling and project planning
- Develop detailed knowledge of market labor and equipment rates
- Prepare detailed estimates by calculating complete take-off of scope of work
- Prepare final estimate summaries, analyzing each section for scope, pricing and completeness