ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Perform landscaping duties as assigned to include mowing, weed eating, edging, shrub/tree/flower bed maintenance as assigned.
· Maintain District wastewater and water facilities as directed to include cleaning, changing light bulbs, HVAC system filters, clean and paint as directed, windows and other duties as assigned.
· Duties also include keeping buildings clean, take out trash, keeping relevant equipment clean, keep trucks clean.
· Ensure maintenance is performed on all equipment as directed to include repairs/inspection of irrigation system, schedule trucks for oil changes, etc.
· Care and use of equipment as outlined in Standard Operating Procedures, Safety Manual, and processes.
Individuals, to perform this job successfully, must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, SPECIALIZED EQUIPMENT, SAFETY TRAINING
Must have valid Texas driver’s license with clean driving record.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, consultants and the general public. Ability to clearly present information through the spoken word.
Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts.
GOAL SETTING/PROBLEM SOLVING SKILLS
Ability to define realistic, specific goals and objectives and to prioritize objectives; start and persist with specific courses of action while exhibiting high motivation and a sense of urgency.
Ability to develop unique and novel solutions to problems with supervisory approval.
Ability to work with people in such a manner as to ensure a harmonious and cooperative work environment.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must have some computer skills limited to use of word processing skills.
POSITION DRIVING STATUS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand or walk. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. While performing the duties of this job, employee is routinely exposed to bio-hazardous material and hazardous chemicals; is routinely exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions; is frequently exposed to hazardous conditions when performing excavations. The noise level is usually loud.
Job Type: Full-time
Job ID: 240103882