1 - 3 years
Job Summary - The Byrd’s Group Inc, a leading Charlotte area Landscape Management Company, is seeking a Landscape Project Estimator to join their team.
Serious consideration will be given to candidates who are energetic, goal oriented, and self-motivated. Candidates applying for this position must have a working knowledge of MS Office and the aptitude to utilize current technology along with the ability to communicate effectively with prospects, clients, vendors, and sub-contractors.
Responsibilities for Position
- Research new construction projects through AGC, Bid Clerk, and local resources to evaluate bidding opportunities.
- Maintain database of suppliers and subcontractors through estimating system.
- Obtain subcontract bids, evaluate subcontractor bid proposals, and assist in the preparation of project bid proposals.
- Analyze estimating report and review progress of projects.
- Maintain contact with subcontractors, suppliers, and specialty services for estimating opportunities.
- Submit accurate estimates, proposals, and bid packages.
- Assist in the transfer of projects from estimating to operations to ensure profitability.
- Assist all other departments in an estimating capacity.
- Ability to manage time wisely and meet deadlines.
- The Project Estimator may be asked to perform duties others than those listed from time to time as may be necessary to assist in the execution of corporate goals.
Requirements for Position
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Horticulture or related field.
- Strong working knowledge in the following: Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, and Job Cost estimating software.
- Maintain a valid North Carolina driver's license.
- Highly motivated, team oriented, organized, and able to multi task.
- Excellent communication skills, writing skills, and phone etiquette.
The Byrd’s Group offers an excellent compensation package including hourly wage and benefits. The benefits package includes; 401k program, company paid vacations & holidays, health, dental, and supplemental insurance benefits. All employment offers will be contingent upon motor vehicle report, criminal background check, drug screening, and E-verify verification.
Qualifications - to be considered for this position, candidates must meet all the requirements. Compensation for this position will be an hourly wage based upon experience. Pay rate is $15.00 - $17.00 per hour.
Job ID: 252361741