Scope and Purpose:
This position assists the Superintendent in providing high quality golf courses and total guest satisfaction through proper maintenance of the course and operation of the required equipment and tools.
- Perform golf course maintenance activities utilizing proper technical methods.
- Perform small course improvement projects.
- Assist Groundskeeper with horticultural activities.
- Perform operator maintenance on golf course equipment.
- Attend monthly and weekly staff meetings (including all training and safety meetings).
- Clean maintenance area and equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to properly and safely operate golf course and landscape equipment.
- Extensive knowledge of the repair and maintenance of golf course equipment.
- Extensive knowledge of the tools, supplies, materials needed for the repair and maintenance of golf course equipment.
- Knowledge of welding equipment and the safe operation of the equipment as it pertains the golf course maintenance.
- Ability to recognize, communicate and/or resolve maintenance and/or repair challenges.
- Knowledge of golf course maintenance techniques and methods.
- Ability to identify plant species common to the southwest region.
- Knowledge of fertilizers and pesticides, and their application techniques and purpose.
- Ability to work alone with limited supervision, follow instructions and be detail-oriented.
- Constant standing, near and far vision required. Frequent walking, bending, reaching and grasping. Frequent pushing, pulling and lifting in excess of 50 pounds.
- Outdoor weather conditions.
- Shops are not cooled in summer or heated in winter.
- Machinery and equipment may contain dirt, oil or grease.
- High School Diploma or equivalent certificate preferred but not required.
- Prefer some experience in golf course maintenance or related field.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s License.
Note: JDM Golf performs background checks on all applicants. Results of a background check do not automatically disqualify an applicant from a job. Each case is considered based on the job applied for and the nature of the background check results and the entirety of the application. EOE.